What are the business benefits of the AWS Cloud?
Companies large and small take advantage of the many business benefits of the AWS Cloud. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) for many of the world’s top companies. NetFlix, Expedia, Airbnb and Dole are a few examples. AWS Cloud solutions provide companies with cost effective and scalable tools that help them work more efficiently, and respond to market conditions faster.
99.99% SLA for AWS in the IaaS Category
AWS has consistently earned top level “Leader” ranking in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant “Cloud as a Service” (IaaS) category. Gartner bases its ranking on “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute” with continued excellence and innovation.
As an IaaS leader, AWS provides access to virtual servers in the cloud. Among the business benefits of the AWS Cloud is that companies get a highly reliable environment with a 99.99% Service-Level Agreement.
Even a small businesses can reap big benefits from an AWS migration.
AWS Infrastructure Services: power, flexibility, customization
A small business may have several physical servers on site. They need to be maintained, monitored, and replaced as they age. As the business grows, more servers are needed.
The AWS Cloud gives you other options. These options allow you to reduce the workload of physical servers and utilize AWS’ broad set of infrastructure services.
AWS Cloud options include:
- Going serverless and running your small business network on the AWS Cloud.
- Choosing a Hybrid Solution. Keep physical servers onsite and use AWS’ virtual servers as needed. Learn more about Hybrid Hosting Solutions
The AWS console lets you choose your preferred operating system, software, memory, computing power and security. Generally, each virtual server is known as an “instance”. If your small business has an IT professional on site, the AWS dashboard makes the management of these instances easy. If your small business does not have an IT professional, AWS consulting partners like Nettology can help you migrate into the AWS Cloud and manage your needs once you’re there.
A variety of workloads can be migrated into the AWS Cloud including:
- Business Application Services
- Backup & recovery solutions
- Data archives
- WordPress websites
- Web applications
Six business benefits of the AWS Cloud:
- No upfront costs. You pay only for the computing power you use. Launch applications without upfront commitments.
- Cost effective. Need upgrades to your in-house server farm? Compare the cost of the AWS Cloud against the cost of maintaining an on-premise data center.
- Eliminates need to overbuy or over provision on hardware to cover projected needs. Scale up when you need more computing instances, and scale down when requirements change.
- Brings speed and agility to projects. Develop and deploy new systems quickly. Create and personalize virtual servers within minutes.
- Eases IT management. Automate many administrative tasks. Let your in-house IT team focus on growing your business, not maintaining your IT.
- Support Hybrid workflows.
- You remain in control. Instances and root access are yours to control and manage.
Amazon EC2 for Windows Server (Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute)
Amazon EC2 supports Microsoft applications. Windows workloads, including Office 365 and SharePoint, websites and web services written in .NET can all be migrated into AWS.
Bring your own Microsoft licenses without incurring additional transfer costs.
AWS allows easy management of Windows Server Applications. The ECs Run Command automates administrative tasks to simplify management.
Office 365 / AWS integration
Interested in Office 365 on AWS? Bring your own Office 365 licenses. AWS supports Active Directory and Single Sign-On. SharePoint security is customizable.
Eliminate the IT pain points that come with rapid growth by migrating to AWS
AWS is the most mature cloud platform. Instead of managing, upgrading and replacing servers, why not consider changing your IT strategy? Reduce your server footprint and migrate your business data into the AWS Cloud. Using only physical servers limits business agility. If your business needs to respond swiftly to changing marketplace conditions, you should definitely consider an AWS migration.
Nettology: AWS support for Philadelphia and beyond
Nettology’s certified engineers specialize in Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and AWS migrations. We are highly experienced in cloud deployments and knowledgeable in AWS best practices. Schedule a free 30 minute consultation or call us today to discuss your business needs.